Creamy pasta bake is something I grew up eating every once in a while. It’s just a whole other level of comfort food much like lasagne, shepherd’s pie and moussaka that just hits the spot.
Who knew it would be so easy to veganise?
This veganised creamy tomato pasta bake is a great option for those going to a vegan potluck, or thinking of easy dinner ideas for the family.
What do you need for this pasta bake?
This recipe calls for penne pasta, chopped tomatoes, vegan cream, a smidge of vegan cream cheese, hummus, some greens, vegan mince and mushrooms.
Along with seasonings, vegan cheese and breadcrumbs.
Is pasta bake a good recipe for kids?
Our vegan pasta bake is a great idea for a mid-week family supper. It’s a great way to make a tasty meal where you can easily sneak in a bunch of veggies!
It’s also a really nice, different meal to eat than the average spaghetti bolognese, to keep things different at the dinner table.
What does tomato pasta bake pair well with?
Tomato pasta bake goes great with freshly steamed veggies such as broccoli and green beans.
You can also pair it with salad, as well as something a bit more processed like crispy chick’n escalopes! It also goes great on its own as a standalone pasta dish.
We hope you enjoy this veganised pasta bake recipe. If you love it, be sure to bookmark it for future reference, share with a friend and drop a comment with what you enjoyed it with!
Thanks for considering veganising it for your recipe inspiration. Stay well and stay blessed.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||50-55 Minutes|
|Passive Time||1 Hour 5 Minutes|
- 250 Grams Penne
- 200 Grams Chopped tomatoes 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 150 Millilitres Oat Cream
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Cream Cheeze I used cashew
- 2 Tbsp Hummus
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower oil For frying
- 2 Shallots
- 2 Small Sweet peppers
- 100 Grams Mushrooms of choice I used dried soaked chestnut
- 1/2 Cup Soy chunks Soaked for 30 minutes - 1 hour
- 50 Grams Green beans
- 25 Grams Rocket
- 4 Sun dried tomatoes
- 50 Grams Vegan Cheese
- 50 Grams Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 Stock Cube
- Black Pepper
- Peel and dice the shallot, set aside. Wash and core your peppers and cut into cubes, trim the ends of your green beans, then cut into quarters. Wash mushrooms and slice into 1cm thick slices, squeeze excess water from soy pieces and cut into quarters (if using chunks).
- Boil 1l of salted water in a saucepan, adding in the pasta once bubbling. Cook according to package instructions, then drain. Preheat the oven to 210 degrees.
- In the meantime, heat oil on a frying pan, then add in shallots, cooking for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant. Add in mushrooms, soy pieces and sweet peppers, cooking for another 6-7 minutes.
- Squeeze in tomato paste, and a splash of water, a chopped and powdered stock cube, oregano, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Add in rocket and green beans too.
- Scoop in hummus, vegan cream cheese and chopped tomatoes, stir with a wooden spoon to ensure well mixed.
- Bring to a boil and allow to cook on low for 5-10 minutes on medium-low. Slowly adding in the vegan cream, gently stirring from time to time.
- Crack salt and pepper in the mix, and taste for flavour balance, then remove from heat.
- In an oven dish, pour in drained pasta, followed by sauce and vegan cheese. Mix to ensure coated in sauce and cheese is well spread. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the pasta mix.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly and browned on the top. Serve and enjoy with your favourite sides!